Thursday 4 March 2010

Right, what's going on here then?

Welcome to my blog, imaginary reader (No, I don't think anyone is going to read this. Not more than once, anyway.)

The idea of this is to keep track of my successes (or otherwise) in the Ten Year Self Improvement Challenge. If you don't know what that is, look here

My pledges for the challenge are
1. Learn to make, decorate and (hopefully) sell cakes.
Since becoming a stay at home mum to young master Nicholas I've realised that, despite the fact I've never liked working, I've always liked having my own money. I don't want to go back to work, so I need to do something that involves working from home. I want to learn a skill, and decorating cakes sounds fun, and like something there will always be a market for. Everyone likes cake, right?

2. Expand my musical horizons.
In recent years I've come to the conclusion that I don't like music anymore. Well, not that I don't like music, I just don't like new music. I need to stop myself before I turn into an old git, moaning that you can't hear the words, and no-one can write a tune anymore. Also, there's so many older/classic albums that I've never listened to, due to lack of opportunity and/or musical snobbery on my part. So I pledge that, from now on, until 4th March 2020, I will listen to at least one album a week that I've not heard before. All suggestions as to what I should listen to will be considered with interest. Except The Smiths. I've tried, I think Morrisey can't sing, and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

3. Be the best mum I can be.
Self explanatory, really. Over the next 10 years I want to do the best I can for Nicky, and any other children that may arrive. I promise to teach them to be decent human beings with the confidence to be themselves, to take their worries, interests and observations seriously, and to not get too cross when they don't sleep/won't eat dinner/do all the things that children do naturally that I really irritating to the adults around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment