Friday 16 April 2010

Everything you say will destroy you

I've realised something in the last week, while I've been musing on why I don't feel like me any more. I've noticed that I don't seem to have opinions on anything much any more. Well, unless you count my shouting at Cow and Gate adverts (Yes, give your child 20 litres of cows milk to make sure they have enough iron-or, alternatively, how about some broccoli and red meat?)
I think it's a mixture of becoming a parent and not having time to think, and coming off my anti-depressants. Since I came off them I've realised that I can cope perfectly well without them, as long as I don't think too much. However, not thinking about anything makes for a very boring life. Also, I've started to worry about what people think of me, and as a result, tend not to have an opinion on anything for fear of offending anyone. This isn't me at all, and I want to change it. As long as I don't deliberately set out to offend anyone, what does it matter if no-one else agrees with what I think? 'If you're in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth', or something like that. (I've got that on a mug, maybe I should take heed of it)
So, as part of my TYSIC to get back to being me (whoever that maybe), I need to start having opinions on things. Which is where you, dear reader, come in. Suggest to me some subjects, be they controversial or mundane, and I will have a think about them and give my opinion on them. And I'll try not to worry about no-one agreeing with me.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I would like your opinions on 3d cinema please. I am quite opinionated on this matter so I'd like to know what you think. Also, I do agree that saying what you think is very 'you', and I hope you know you can always do that with me. You could tell me you like to eat live puppies for breakfast and I probably wouldn't get offended. Mmm, puppies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the obvious one at the moment: politics/the election. in particular, though, what are your actual opinions on the easily hatable Brown and Cameron? is it impossible to have a political discussion these days without someone resorted to the 'he's a twat lol' card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gone very quiet, come back!

    ReplyDelete